A little about my experience:
- I hold a Masters Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Trevecca Nazarene University.
- My seven years of work within an Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital provided me with extensive experience helping women that struggled with depression, anxiety, grief, divorce, postpartum, trauma, and addiction.
- My work at Nashville’s Domestic Violence Division provided me with extensive experience in working with Women and Teenage girls. It was through this work that I began to love helping women find empowerment, establish healthy boundaries, and ultimately work towards creating healthier relationships with themselves and others.
- I have a provisional license as a Licensed Professional Counselor- Mental Health Service Provider, and I am a Nationally Certified Counselor.
- I use various counseling techniques dependent upon what works for my client. I am most influenced by Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and a Mindfulness based approach.
- I am a Board-Certified Music Therapist, which allows me to use a creative and expressive tool with clients that connect well to this added approach.
And about me…
- I love music, painting, and board-games.
- I love to read fiction books; especially where the lead character is a female hero!
- When I’m not working, I am spending my time with my family, friends, and two dogs (Penny and Henley).