You have tried countless ways to help your child work through their current issue, and yet you feel stuck and unequipped with how to help them move forward.
It’s hard to reach out for help because everything up until this point in your child’s life you have been able to handle yourself. Having to seek therapy, pulls up your own struggles with feelings of failure.
But you haven’t failed.
Your role is to take action and advocate for your child when they are in distress.
It is not your responsibility to be the expert and counselor for your child as well.
At Replenish Her Counseling, we work with children 7 years of age and older to help them work through difficult life events, emotional distress, and difficulty inside the family.
Common Reasons to Seek Children’s Therapy
- Your child is having big emotional responses that you feel you do not know how to navigate as a parent.
- Your child is struggling with making friends and connecting with other children.
- A traumatic life event or loss in the family has impacted your child and you desire for them to have a neutral space to talk about it.
Making the decision to start therapy for your child is a big decision.
We hope to support and comfort you in that decision by making the process simple.
3 Simple Steps to Get Started
- Schedule a phone call with our intake coordinator by clicking the “skip the phone tag” button or by completing a contact form.
- Speak with our intake coordinator, Laurel. She will hear what is going on with your child and family and match you with the right clinician.
- Meet with your child’s therapist for a parent-only intake session. Your child’s therapist will spend that first hour fully hearing what is going on, and work with you to create a plan.
Our clinical approach to children’s therapy helps your child to:
- Enhance their ability to cope.
- Communicate their thoughts and feelings more effectively.
- Learn ways to be more aware of their emotions and how to regulate them.
- Move past distressing experiences.
Our therapists that work with children use an expressive therapies based approach, including the use of art, movement, and music to help better communicate and express feelings.
If you would like to learn more about children’s therapy at Replenish Her, we enourage you to click the “skip the phone tag” button, below, or complete a contact form.