Hi, I’m Amanda-Jo
I am a Pre-Licensed Professional Counselor at Replenish Her.
I help teens and women who feel lost in who they are, discover what it is like to feel confident and no longer defined by their circumstances.
Currently not accepting new clients
Amanda-Jo Serrano, M. Ed
Through my years working as a Middle School Counselor, I have found that more often than not, teens need a space to hear their own voice and begin to feel confident in their thoughts and feelings.
It is my goal to help provide that space.
I seek to challenge my clients to learn new and more effective ways to navigate difficult emotions and experiences.
It is my mission to help teens find their purpose, develop their identity, and increase their sense of confidence and worth.
I am also passionate about working with women.
I seek to help those who feel stuck in old patterns identify what is getting in the way of making the changes they desire.
I am passionate about helping women discover what it’s like to begin trusting their instincts and giving a voice to their boundaries and needs from others.
It is my life’s calling to help those I work with know that they are not alone and that they have a safe place to come to in times of distress and hopelessness.
I do my best work helping teens…
- Feel confident in who they are and how to find happiness day to day even when things are hard.
- Learn healthy coping strategies that they actually want to use and find meaningful.
- Discover how to not feel guilty about setting healthy boundaries with friends and family.
- Feel like they have a voice and not feel defined by their circumstances.
- Increase their sense of inner strength and resiliency.
- Not sweat the small losses and instead focus on the wins.
I am a post-masters graduate, currently working on fulfilling requirements to obtain my license as Licensed Professional Counselor.
I have my Master’s in School Counseling and have previously worked as a Middle and High School Counselor for the last 5 years. I have experience with adolescents and teens in individual and group counseling, focusing on self-esteem, anxiety, social pressures, and day-to-day barriers within teens. I also have experience working with helping parents and students improve healthy communication styles to better support the student.
I did my post-masters internship placement with Replenish Her Counseling working with adolescents and young women. Throughout my experience with Replenish Her I have been finding my love of using Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques as well as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). I find these approaches particularly meaningful in helping my clients no longer feel paralyzed by their distressing thoughts and feelings. I also enjoy using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) techniques to help clients reduce feelings of depression, sadness, and anxiety.
I also trained in EMDR and pull this approach into my work with clients that have experienced traumatic and distressing life experiences.
I am a pre-licensed clinician and under the direct oversight of Christine Finnegan, the Clinical Director at Replenish Her, as well as my Licensing Supervisor, Kim Street (license number 2134). This means that my clinical work is reviewed with both Kim and Christine to ensure the best quality care is rendered to my clients.
spending time outdoors with my dog (Annie)
taking a workout class,
visiting the beach or the mountains
trying out new restaurants
finding ways to stay busy and
am always up to try something new
- Individual Counseling $160
- Out-of-Network Benefits can be applied based on your insurance plan. It is your responsibility to verify your reimbursement rate with your insurance company. Please note that a formal Mental Health Diagnosis is required for filing for insurance reimbursement.
- Payment can be made with a Health Savings Account, Credit Card, Cash, or Check.