Hi, I’m Alexa
I am a Marriage and Family Therapy Intern at Replenish Her.
I help insecure young adults and teens who are facing relationship and communication issues, learn new strategies to feel empowered inside their relationships.
Now Accepting new clients
Alexa Stallings, Student at Trevecca Nazarene University
Ready to get Started?
When you have the capacity to feel big, it gives you the insight to see and know when others are hurting.
It provides you with the courage to draw near to those who are hurting. It allows you the empathy to feel with others as they hurt.
Because these big feelings can be draining and overwhelming, so my many individuals don’t know how to cope with their big feelings and sensitivities. They distance themselves from others in order to lessen the intensity, but then inevitably become isolated and depressed.
I want my clients to learn how to better take care of themselves, so that they can feel close to others without feeling flooded and overwhelmed by their big emotions. It is my desire to create the space where clients learn ways to love this part of themselves, while also striving to deepen their tool box of self-care strategies.
After concluding counseling with me, I most want my clients to feel empowered in their relationships, hopeful for their futures, resilient in the face of adversities, and at peace with their truest selves.
I am passionate about working with…
- Women who consider themselves to be highly sensitive (HSP) and struggle with the intensity the world can feel at times.
- Teens that are insecure with themselves and struggle with the confidence to make friends and deepen relationships.
- Couples who long to feel closer to one another but struggle to find the words to draw each other nearer.
- Families facing chronic illnesses, life-altering injuries, and difficult medical diagnoses.
Ready to get Started?
My professional career started after I received my Bachelor’s in English with a minor in Music from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I worked at a publishing company, Prescription Songs, as an A&R assistant. It is located in Nashville and focuses primarily on pop music.
I then worked as a Neurofeedback technician and Assistant Clinical Director at Tennessee Neurofeedback. Tennessee Neurofeedback is a mental health clinic in Brentwood that administers brain mapping and neurofeedback.
Currently, I am working towards a Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy at Trevecca Nazarene University. I am under the Supervision of Vanessa Davis at Replenish Her as well as the Supervising professors inside my MFT program. I am being trained in utilizing a variety of therapeutic modalities, including CBT, ACT, and Attachment-Based approaches.
While, Replenish Her does not offer Neurofeedback, it’s important to note that I have the unique experience of having completed certification as a Neurofeedback Technologist (BCN-T) and a QEEG Technologist Certification (QEEG-T). This certification has given me a solid foundation in understanding the brain and the unique ways it impacts our mental health and functioning.
I am being supervised by Sophia Barringhaus, LPC-MHSP, Clinical Supervisor at Replenish Her Counseling; as well as my Trevecca School Supervisor. This means that my clinical work is reviewed with both Sophia and my Trevecca Professor, to ensure the best quality care is rendered to my clients.
spending time with friends and family
playing with my nephews
being by water (the lake)
hiking, walking, running, or dancing
going to concerts
listening to music
- Individual Counseling $80
- Out-of-Network Benefits can be applied based on your insurance plan. It is your responsibility to verify your reimbursement rate with your insurance company. Please note that a formal Mental Health Diagnosis is required for filing for insurance reimbursement.
- Payment can be made with a Health Savings Account, Credit Card, Cash, or Check.